Saturday 27 March 2021 at 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Gates open 5.00pm, Lights out at 7.30pm for Earthhour
Join us for our third annual Earth Hour event, which includes our Inaugural Sculpture in the Gardens competition. Live music, entertainment, sustainability stalls, children’s workshops and a family fun Science Show. Refreshments available or bring your own picnic.
Features works made from at least 80% recycled materials. It is open to all residents of our local area, including Wingecarribee, Wollondilly and Mulwarree Shires. Prizes will be awarded in three sections – Junior School, Senior School and Open, plus a People’s Choice Award. Voting for the People’s Choice award opens on March 24, 2021. The sculptures will remain in the gardens for the next two weeks.
- WinZero exhibiting electric cars and local environment initiatives
- Moss Vale Community Gardens
- Fixed Wheel with a range of bicycles
- Life at Greenlaws showcasing home sustainability including keeping chickens
- Bulwarra Bees showcasing bees and selling bee products
- Wingecarribee Shire Council will display the Council support, initiatives and consultation opportunities for living sustainably
- Reviva Centre with a stall of upcycling items from the Moss Vale Reviva Centre
All Children’s Activities on the night must be prebooked
In keeping with the Sustainability theme, the children will work with well-known jeweller, teacher and artist Tracy Hopkirk.
Tracy will show the children how to make sun catchers using old chandelier crystals for the sparkle. Using old vintage beads participants will also make beaded necklaces or bracelets from the recycled, up-cycled beads and jewels!
Cost: $5 per child
The Theory of Experimentivity
As the lights go down for Earth Hour families are invited into The Theory of Experimentivity science lab for a fun, experimental adventure by the zany scientists Professor Squish and Professor Smoosh in search of new original discoveries… little do they know the science lab is not so scientific after all!
The Theory of Experimentivity will be held during Earth Hour lights out 7.30pm to 8.30pm.
Although the show is free, bookings are essential.