Community Support will help our irrigation project
Please support our application for funding to install a major irrigation system in the garden.
Reasons to install major irrigation:
- To provide a sustainable water to the garden.
- As part of SHBG’s disaster management strategy.
- To mitigate against drought, fire and severe climate conditions.
- So SHBG can plant some of the cool climate flora that form part of the Living Collection of Blue Mountains Botanic Gardens Mt Tomah, recently impacted by severe bushfire, enabling SHBG to act as an insurance policy against extinction of these threatened and endangered species.
- To ensure SHBG can continue to develop and flourish as a valuable community asset.
- For the community to come and enjoy the garden and take pride in helping it survive and thrive.